Click on the link to register for the course: REGISTRATION
- COURSE FEE: US$ 65O
- 10 x EQUIPMENT RENTAL, PRICE PER JUMP: US$ 50
- 10 x PACK JOB: US$ 13
- USPA FEE: US$ 50
- UPT FEE:US$ 50
- JUMP TICKET: US$ 27 (your slot and the examiner’s)
- ALL CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS ADD 3% TRANSACTION FEE
THINGS TO DO BEFORE THE COURSE:
Complete your Sigma test before the course
USPA Tandem Test
Earning the UPT Sigma Tandem rating
- 5 jumps under supervision of an UPT Examiner.
- 5 Tandem jumps with an experienced jumper.
- The probationary period, where you can take actual passengers, but are on probation until you have a total of 25 tandem jumps. At that point the rating will get issued by UPT.
- 18 years of age
- at least 500 ram-air jumps
- 3 years in the sport
- USPA D-license or foreign equivalent
- Hold an instructional rating
- Hold an FAA class 3 medical certificate or foreign equivalent
Download the manuals from the links below
Sigma Tandem Test
Tandem Instructor Training Logbook
Tandem Instructor Paperwork Checklist
Tandem Instructor Certification Form
Tandem Instructor Re-Certification Form
Tandem Examiner Re-Certification Form
Initial Sigma Hand Cam Safety Checklist
Annual Sigma Hand Cam Safety Checklist
You will need to bring an USPA IRM and SIM
The Sigma Manual, SIM and IRM are the books for the course. It is recommended to print the manuals from United Parachute Technologies web-site prior to the course. You will have to make the written test at home prior to the course. Please type the answers on a computer. Any questions you don’t know the answers can be left open.
The tandem rating course will take 2 up to 4 days (weather permitting). The course consists of one day of classroom, 5 evaluation jumps and correction of the written exams. And 5 jumps with an experience skydiver.
You need to bring copies of:
- USPA membership card with D-license number and Coach or Instructor rating endorsement
- Copy of a current FAA class 3 medical certificate
- logbooks showing 500 jumps and 3 years in the sport
For the course jumps you will need:
- Baggy jumpsuit
If you already possess a current Tandem Instructor rating from another manufacturer you can get crossed over to the Sigma rating.
To qualify for cross-training you must:
- Hold a current Tandem rating from another approved manufacturer
- Show documentation of at least 25 jumps on this system
- Meet all the requirements of the initial UPT tandem course (see above)
The course books are the Sigma Tandem manual from UPT, available on UPT’s web-site. To pass the course you must make the Sigma tandem written exams .You can make the tests ate home, type the answers and bring them to the course or on a pen drive.
You need to bring copies of:
- Current tandem rating
- Logbook entries with 25 tandem jumps
- FAA class 3 medical certificate
- USPA membership card with D-license number and Instructional rating endorsement
The course consists of a day of classroom and a minimum of 2 evaluation jumps. The Sigma tandem written exam will be corrected during the course before the jumps begin.